Thank you so much to Trin for my nomination, it means a great deal to me! You can find their fantastic blog here!
How does it work?
· Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
· Answer the 11 questions prompted by the person who nominated you.
· Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
· List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What is your backup genre? Not the one you always read but the one that pulls you in anyway?
I’m an absolute sucker for good romance at times. I don’t tend to actively seek it out, but if several people mention a really cute one I can’t help myself :3
- How did you discover your love for reading?
This is just something I’ve done my whole life. I was brought up having a bedtime story every night and often couldn’t wait for the next night so would read ahead. I was also religiously taken to the library every Saturday which was where I got most of my books. Use your libraries folks, they’re indispensable.
- Are audiobooks inferior?
Absolutely not. Both accessibility-wise and apart from that they definitely have a place in the book world. Some of my favourite bookish memories are of me sat in my room doing a jigsaw and listening to my story tapes.
- If you could have your favourite authors come together to write the perfect book, who would they be and why?
I think Markus Zusak, the late Carlos Ruiz Zafon and Stuart Turton would write an absolutely brilliant novel. The team would of course be captained by Agatha Christie though. She’s an absolute queen.
- Are you a sucker for a good cover?
Honestly no. I can appreciate a good cover when I see one, but I’ve read some terrible books with great covers and vice versa…the cover isn’t usually why I buy books…unless it’s a special edition of one of my favourites.
- What do you do when you aren’t reading or blogging?
I spend my days working in a job I love, hanging out with my dog and playing video games either by myself or with my brother. I’m a huge Nintendo fan.
- Music, ASMR or silence while reading?
Silence! For various reasons I don’t get on well is ASMR and I find music distracting.
- What makes you rate something a 5-star, god-tier read?
Usually they’re really ultra special books that I’ll carry with me for the rest of my life. They have to have that little bit extra something. I can’t really define it but I know it when I see it, or feel it.
- What could potentially cause you to DNF a book?
Bad writing, insensitive handling of sensitive topics, or a book not delivering what was promised.
- Plot, characters, writing or other? What makes you love a novel?
A combination of things I think. Usually it will be in a genre I enjoy, with beautiful unique writing, memorable characters and an engaging plot. I love reading unique writing voices especially when people bring something new to the Murder Mystery genre as I think it’s hard to do in that particular genre.
- What goals do you have, aside from seeing your blog succeed?
I’m almost ready to buy my first house and I’d love to carry on working in the team I currently do as well. I’ve always been told that to find a job you love and is viable is a rare thing so I’m grateful to have just that. I’d like to have several dogs and be in a position where my opinion matters to someone I think.
Questions for the people I tag:
- What is your favourite book from your childhood?
- Paperback, Hardback or E-Book?
- Favourite publisher?
- In your opinion, what makes a good book review?
- List your three favourite books. Now choose which you would burn if it was the only source of fuel on a desert island.
- When writing, do you think good writing is inherent within a person, or do you think it is something which can be practiced and improved?
- What is your go-to comfort read?
- Which book cover would you re-design if you were given the chance, and what would it look like?
- Do you like to share your favourite books with the people around you or keep quiet and savour it?
- Do you eat snacks whilst reading or do you have a strict no snacks policy around those precious pages?
- What book was has been your biggest disappointment in your life?
Once again, thank you so much to Trin and check out my twitter to see if you’ve been tagged!